Best Ever Banana BreadNovember 5, 2008
This past weekend, after having a LOT of bananas about to go bad, it was time to bake! I have tried several different banana bread recipes and still had not found one that I liked a lot, until this one. I found it on allrecipes.com.
Best Ever Banana Bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (I substituted milk and lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar (I used 1 cup of white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9×5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
- Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir in pecans. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
In my opinion this is the best banana bread recipe I’ve tried yet! The only thing I would do differently is possibly add a little bit of cinnamon and maybe a little bit of vanilla the next time I make it to push it over the top, but it is delicious!