Puppy Chow / TrashMarch 3, 2009
A favorite dessert/party food of ours is puppy chow, or trash, or muddy buddies. It’s called a lot of different names, but no matter what you call it, it is YUMMY! It’s also really hard just to eat a little bit, so for this last recipe that we made, we took it to our weekly church group meeting. It must have been a pretty big hit, because we didn’t have a whole lot to bring home.
- 9 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl, set it aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Using a spatula usually works rather well.
- Pour into a large paper bag (we’ve found this is better than plastic, it doesn’t stick to the bag). Add the powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake until all the cereal is coated. We usually put the paper bag in the freezer until it is all set up. After you can store in an airtight container. ENJOY!